Saturday, December 22, 2012

Should have read the coupon before I wrote my previous fragrance post

In a previous post, I mentioned the $15 off of a $35 purchase fragrance coupon from the CVS Beauty Club I received by email. I should have opened the coupon prior to writing the blog, because the offer is valid only on Halle, Beyonce, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Jovan, L' Air Du Temps, Nautica, Nina Ricci, Playboy, Stetson, Coty Wild Musk.

The problem is that the largest bottle of some of these fragrances I saw at my local CVS are priced below $35. For instance, the largest bottles of Beyonce fragrances I saw were priced at $34.49. To be able to use the coupon, you can take advantage today of the Buy 1, Get 1 50 percent deal on fragrances $12.99 and above and buy a smaller bottle of Beyonce fragrances and get the smaller one at half price. Then you can use the coupon to get $15 off of both fragrances.

However, if you decide to use the coupon tomorrow, you would have to use a different strategy. Although there will be a Buy 1, Get 1 50 percent off deal on fragrances on Sunday and Monday, it applies to fragrances $19.99 and above. At my local CVS, the smaller bottles of the Beyonce fragrances go for $19.49. which makes them ineligible to buy at half price along with a larger bottle of Beyonce. However, since they are under the $19.99 price, you can buy two bottles at $19.49 and be able to use the $15 coupon.

But if you don't want to try to figure out all of the ins and outs for the $15 coupon, fragrance sets go on sale tomorrow for 33 percent off. However, I remember getting a fragrance set for 50 percent off after Christmas, so you might want to wait until after Christmas to get a bargain price on one.

No comments:

Post a Comment