Sunday, November 11, 2012

My weekend shopping trip

A couple of weeks ago when I was in CVS, I got a save $10 on a $50 purchase coupon on my receipt. I wasn't really particularly thrilled because I rarely purchase $50 worth of items at CVS at one time. It didn't help when the cashier said that this was a really good coupon I could use to buy a more expensive item at CVS. Normally I would get upset, but this same person spent several minutes trying to get me to buy a $20 frying pan a couple weeks prior to this incident, so I wasn't surprised.

Off the cuff, I said to him, "Or I could use this coupon with some of my extrabucks rewards and other coupons and save even more money on my regular purchases." He muttered that some people did that as well with the $10 off of $50 coupon.

But then it became a challenge to have enough extrabucks rewards and coupons and the right sales to make it worthwhile enough for me to do this. So I gathered all of my coupons and headed to CVS.

The subtotal of my purchase was 56.96. After I used all my coupons, the subtotal was $1l.56 and with tax, my total was 14.40. I got $8 in extrabucks rewards back, which made it $6.40. Since I had beauty purchases, I went over the $50 I needed to get my $5 Beauty Club Reward, so I wil be getting another $5 in extrabucks rewards, which will make it $1.40.

As I've said on more than one occasion, if something (or someone) makes you angry, take that energy and do something positive with it. And I believe getting over $55 worth of items for the equivalent of less than $1.50 was a very positive thing to do indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment