Thursday, January 31, 2013

If you haven't tried CVS' Gold Emblem foods, this would be a good time to do so!

It took a sale on individual packs of Gold Emblem cookies a few years ago to get me to try out CVS' line of food products. I wasn't expecting much, but  they were on sale for 25 cents, and I figured that at that price, they would taste good enough to justify the small amount I paid for them.

To this day, I feel it was one of the best expenditures of 25 cents I'd ever had. I don't remember the type of cookie they were, but I remember them tasting incredibly fresh and that the ingredients that went into them seemed to be equal, if not better, than those that went into brand name cookies.

A few months ago, I was having a craving for potato chips, so I went to CVS on the way home to buy some chips to resolve that craving. I happened to come to the store at the right time because the manager pushed out a cart of Gold Emblem sour cream and onion chips sale priced at 25 cents. I had planned on buying one of the small can of Pringles, but this was a better deal pricewise. This time I wasn't sure I made the right decision because I truly love Pringles, but the Gold Emblem brand surpassed my expectations for a potato chip. I would put them up against Lay's chips any time.

This wseek would be a good time to try out Gold Emblem products at CVS becuase there is a Buy $15, Get $5 extrabucks rewards deal on several Gold Emblem products. Prices range from 88 cents for bag candy, pretzels, or sparkling water to 2/$9 for nuts and trail mix. Gold Emblem chips, popcorn, or granola bars are on sale for $1.99, and Gold Emblem cookies, honey grahams, juice, or roasted or salted nuts are on sale for $2.99.

On Friday I got a coupon for $2 off of a $5 Gold Emblem purchase from the ExtraCare Coupon Center, If you don't want to buy $15 worth of Gold Emblem products and not like them, you could use the coupon to purchase $5 worth of products for $3. Then if you liked them, you could buy another $10 of Gold Emblem products by Saturday to get the $5 in extrabucks rewards.

In tomorrow's CVS Tips, I will talk about another coupon I got from the ExtraCare Coupon Center that will work great with a deal that will be coming up next week.





No comments:

Post a Comment